Press for MayaBags®
“Shout out to Belize Crafts, Limited, MayaBags of Belize. Wore your designer bag to Buckingham Palace!”—Perla Perdomo, Belize Ambassador to the United Kingdom
Shooting Star Cowgirl
Congratulations to Shooting Star Cowgirl and their new website. Best, MayaBags way ib (Dreaming Places) Handbag is a featured product.
eBay Style Stories: New York Fashion Week 2013
By Anne Brady, eBay Fashion
(Correction: In fact from Belize where MayaBags are made to a much higher standard.) Read More »
The Zoe Report
Ask Rachel: Time To Get Away
Resort Picks For A Hot Holiday
ALL ABOUT MAYA BAGS
Barneys loves to shine a light on our designers that are not only providing the world with on trend and high quality fashion, but also those who are helping to make it a better place with their sustainable production and charitable efforts. MayaBags accomplishes both. Made entirely in Belize by native Maya women, MayaBags is a business inspired by the Maya culture. Read Full Story »
Vogue chose the MayaBags produced exclusively for Barneys NY as one of the 10 “Most Wanted” for Holiday/Resort Eco Travel. Read Full Story »
Home Accents Today
The October Issue of Home Accents Today features MayaBags in its article on Fair Trade products. Read Full Story »
California’s Apparel Newsletter
For Spring/Summer 2013 California’s Apparel Newsletter to the trade featured MayaBags way ib (Dreaming Places) Handbag.
Indagare Travel, the high-end travel company, wrote an article about MayaBags and featured the story on their website and in their 2011 year end travel magazine. Read Full Story »
Summer 2014 and 2015, Anthropologie and Standseven.com in England carried two styles of MayaBags online.
Summer 2013, the following leading stores carried MayaBags
- In Tokyo, Japan, Isetan Department Stores
- In Boca Raton, Apolonia Boutique
- In Boston, Viola Lovely
- In Atlanta, BD Jeffries
- In Tokyo, Japan, Super A Market Store
- Summer 2013, Anthropologie featured MayaBags Celestial-style shoulder bags with vertical glyphs on its Website. The bags were made exclusively for Anthropologie.
And among others…
- Summer 2012 found MayaBags in Scoop Beach in East Hampton and Scoop in New York City. The bags were featured in the stores’ front windows.
- YogaAccessories.com is carrying MayaBags organic cotton, hand-embroidered yoga mat bags made exclusively for their site.
- Summer 2012, Scoop featured Dreaming Places Handbag and Firefly cosmetic pouches.
- The Gail Rothwell Store in East Hampton featured all silk hobos.
- All-hemp hobos hand-embroidered with metallic yarn added sparkle on the main floors of Barneys flagship stores from Christmas 2008 through the Holiday / Resort Season 2009.
- Barneys New York welcomed Spring 2008 with MayaBags hand-embroidered, linen bags featuring bands of Maya glyphs.
- MayaBags made its debut with wet bikini bags and sunscreen purses in the Linen Shop in both their New Canaan and Greenwich, Connecticut store locations.
- MayaBags baskets hand-coiled and stitched by the Maya women of Southern Belize are top quality and beautiful and have been featured in the Main Store of the Museum of Natural History in New York City and in the shop at the Seattle Museum.
- MayaBags were on the main floor of Barneys New York flagship stores during the Winter ’07-’08 season. Embellished with Maya symbols meaning “fire,” “dreaming places” or “her house,” these wool melton bags added a lightweight and elegant option for winter wanderers.
- MayaBags celebrated Spring 2007 on the main floor of six of Barneys New York flagship stores (New York Madison Avenue, Beverly Hills, Seattle, Dallas, Chestnut Hill & Chicago.)
- MayaBags wool plaid, one-of-a-kind purses, each hand appliquéd with a different rainforest creature, were on the main floor of Barneys New York during the 2006-2007 winter season. The bags were featured also in the Barneys New York 2006 Holiday Catalog.
- MayaBags 100% silk, one-of-a-kind purses, hand appliquéd with Maya embroidery, were featured in Barneys New York 2006 Holiday Catalog and were on the main floor in Barneys New York six flagship stores, (New York, Chicago, Seattle, Beverly Hills, Chestnut Hill, Manhasset.) A photo of one of these bags was also used as Barneys’ banner photograph for a New York Times holiday ad.